The CHR Transportation Assistance program is temporarily CANCELED due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the need to control the spread of the virus.
The Community Health Representative (CHR) Program is a transportation program to assist patients who need a ride to their appointments at Oklahoma City Indian Clinic (OKCIC) and once a month to Chickasaw Nation Medical Center and Lawton Indian Hospital.
- The CHR transportation program is available for patients with established charts that are unable to access OKCIC without transportation being provided.
- The patient must live in Oklahoma County unless prior approval has been obtained by the CHR.
- The patient must have a medical appointment. Other departmental appointments will be booked according to CHR availability.
- Appointments must be between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. unless prior approval from the CHR has been obtained.
- Transportation will only be provided to the patient holding the appointment. If the patient is a minor child, only one parent or guardian will be allowed to accompany the child.
- Patients not present at their designated pick up address may be denied future transportation services.
- Transportation appointments will be cancelled if Oklahoma City Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather. Patients will need to contact the CHR as soon as possible once the medical appointment has been rescheduled.
- The CHR has the right to cancel services if the roads are deemed unsafe for driving due to inclement weather. Current phone numbers are essential.
- Transportation will only be provided to and from the appointment. The CHR is not allowed to make personal stops.
- The CHR will not be delivering medication unless the doctor deems it necessary and he/she notifies the CHR.
- The patient must be able to enter and exit the vehicle with little or no assistance. The CHR is prohibited from lifting patients into the vehicle.
- The CHR does not provide emergency medical treatment and has the right to transport passengers to the nearest emergency medical facility or call an ambulance in the event of emergency.
- Transportation services are not available to inmates or any person requiring supervision (halfway house residents, etc.). It will be up to the facility they are staying in to make arrangements for their transportation and appointments.
- Transportation to Chickasaw Nation Medical Center and Lawton Indian Hospital are scheduled only once per month. Please contact the CHR to see if one has already been scheduled for the month.
- The CHR must be notified two weeks in advance of an appointment in order to schedule transportation, or as soon as possible.
- The scheduled transportation must be confirmed with the CHR 24 – 48 hours in advance.
- Patients must refrain from the use of drugs, alcohol, smoking or abusive language.
- Patients must wear seat belts at all times and remain seated.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Patients must be present at the designated address and ready to go as soon as the CHR arrives.
- If a patient exhibits any symptoms of communicable illness (fever, cough, sneezing, etc.), then that patient is required to wear a mask for the entirety of the trip or transportation will be refused.
To schedule transportation, call (405) 948-4900 ext. 462.